Build Your Firm, Inc. ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. WE WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, SELL, RENT, LEASE, SHARE OR GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR PURPOSES OF SPAMMING YOU, OR FOR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING, MARKETING OR PROMOTION. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this policy have the meaning assigned to them in the Service Terms and Conditions.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit and use the Services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through your use of the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of ordering our Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders, such as monthly subscription fees. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on the Website (referred to in the Service Terms and Conditions generally as Customer Data but more specifically referred to herein as "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of visitors to the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Contract us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Services and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can opt-out of future communications by unsubscribing as provided in the communication or, if no method for unsubscribing is provided, by sending us an email stating your request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Service Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out of future communications by unsubscribing as provided in the communication or, if no method for unsubscribing is provided, by sending us an email stating your request to unsubscribe to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements for our Services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at Build Your Firm, 7 Orchard Park Rd., Suite 3, Madison, CT 06443.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.